Thursday, January 21, 2016

Over-the-top Milkshakes




If you're anything like me and have an unhealthy obsession with looking at beautiful desserts on Instagram, then you may have noticed a growing trend that involves insane milkshakes topped with everything magical and delicious you can think of. It only made sense that I, too, attempted this milkshake madness and it was SO MUCH FUN.






Let's be real, this does not take a lot of technical ability. All you need is an unwavering sweet tooth and the bravery to make all your dessert dreams come true at one time. For my first shake, I went with Salted Caramel and Nutella Chocolate covered with whipped cream, a chocolate donut, pretzels, and M&Ms.





I won't get technical with recipes because I literally closed my eyes and threw nutella and salted caramel into a blender full of double chocolate ice cream and milk. One regret I do have is trying to use the caramel as my "glue" for the outside of the jar. It wouldn't set, and everything kept slowly slipping down the sides (a sticky, messy, delicious problem to have). I would definitely use melted chocolate that will harden as shown in my next milkshake.






My next creation was the White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake. I used the Talenti raspberry cheesecake gelato (which is so delicious I could cry) and combined it with melted white chocolate. I then used the white chocolate all over my jar to glue on frosted animal crackers, and topped it off with whipped cream, a sprinkled donut and raspberries.





This project was so fun and there are thousands of flavors, toppings, decorations you could make. I think on a smaller scale, it could be really cute for a party or get-together. These are sure to bring lots of boys to the yard. Let me know if you make your own crazy shake and send pics!!

xo Jessica

1 comment: