Saturday, January 9, 2016

S'mOreo Campfire Cookies

I did it! My first blog worthy creation. I have been daydreaming about this Frankenstein cookie for days and needed to make it happen. My friends, I give you the S'mOreo Cookie.




The only thing better than having a s'more by a campfire is having a (mess free/ non-sticky!!) s'more cookie made with graham cracker crumbs, stuffed full of Hershey's and Oreo just because it sounded awesome. And it is awesome.




I'll be honest, I don't have any pictures of me creating this beauty because it took me THREE TIMES to get it right. It wasn't until my 2nd batch of flat, caramelized cookie vomit that I decided to totally start over. That is when I found a recipe for chocolate chip graham cracker cookies that was the perfect vehicle for lots of gooey treats.





My favorite part is that it tastes like a legit s'more and could easily be made on days where there are no campfires in sight! You could make it easy on yourself and buy graham cracker crumbs from the baking section of the grocery store, but I found pulverizing them in my coffee grinder was just as satisfying (and cheaper!).



Directions: 
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy.
  3. Beat in the vanilla and egg until well combined.
  4. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture until just combined.
  5. Stir in chopped Oreo and Hershey's chocolate.
  6. Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop 1.5-2" balls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Top with mini marshmallows.
  7. Bake for 7 minutes. Cookies will look slightly underdone, but should set up nicely as they cool.
  8. Garnish with Oreo crumbs and melted Hershey drizzle.
*Edit: I realize now why most people don't handwrite their ingredient list! Increase Hershey's to 4.4oz (or one XL bar) and use 8-10 Oreos. Rookie mistake :)




That's it! Let me know if you end up making these and tell me what you think! 

-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment